People with heart disease are at an increased risk of acute exacerbation’s during the hot summer months. At Village Family Practice, we want to do everything we can to help our patients stay healthy and avoid unnecessary visits to the hospital or ER.
Please view this short video on managing Congestive Heart Failure symptoms and knowing what behaviors to avoid.
Please contact your physician and schedule an appointment as soon as possible if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Unexplained weight gain of 2-3lbs in 1 day or 5lbs in 1 week
- Increasing shortness of breath in the middle of the night or while lying down
- Swelling of legs, feet or abdomen
- Frequent cough, worse while lying down
- Fast heartbeat or feeling tired accompanied by symptoms above
Remember to keep your medications in a cool place. Stay well hydrated and limit exposure to direct sunlight. We hope you have a healthy summer.
The Physicians of Village Family Practice