We are hiring Clinical Support Staff
Clinical Support Staff | VMD Houston
The Clinical Support Staff is responsible for providing patient support and communication and facilitating an exceptional patient experience to build and reinforce satisfaction, trust and drive organizational loyalty. Accountable for welcoming and preparing the patient for their appointment, the Clinical Support Staff informs patients of relevant and required information for their visit, and provides clear communication around the services they are scheduled to receive.
While this role will be dynamic in nature, key responsibilities and expectations of the position include:
• Greets patients and answers phones.
• Performs medical histories, provides instruction to the patient regarding medications and diet, and authorizes prescription refills as directed.
• Prepares patients for examination using VFP Rooming Guidelines.
• Prepares and administers medications as directed by the Physician; performs basic laboratory tests, EKGs as ordered or indicated and suture removal and dressing changes.
• Performs phlebotomy as ordered.
• Prepares, cleans and maintains exam and treatment rooms, as well as supplies and equipment.
• Monitor controls of CLIA waived tests.
Background and Educational Requirements
• Medical Assistant Certification or LVN License
• Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously with limited direction.
• Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
• Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented.
• Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills.
• Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results.
• Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic, can-do approach to issue resolution.
• Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.